Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Of perfect mornings


Now, this is how I like my days to be. I call my morning perfect, if I can fit in all of the following:


Wake up before the Sun
Light the customary lamps for the Marghazhi month
Enjoy Morning Tea with the Scientist
Cuddle with the toddler
Cook Breakfast and Lunch & pack for the Scientist, and everything I cook turns out alright
Turn the washing machine on
Exercise
Have a healthy breakfast myself
& Get to work, with the meals for the day planned in my head

I love when I’m well stocked and well planned. It really eases out lots of things. And I have just come to realize it.

And did you see that ubiquitous word “exercise”? I have said this more than once, and I shall say again that I feel much better on days that I exercise than on days that I don’t. The guilt of not exercising steals my peace, while the endorphins give me my pep-up for the day. Not to mention the alone time I get, free from hubby and baby and work deadlines, to think. That’s when I do all my planning and organizing in my head. So much joy, in these simple things.

How about you, dear reader? What simple things give you joy? Leave a line, please, will you? I'd love to know.


6 comments:

  1. I love my morning tea. Tea is the first thing I look forward to in morning, so its a small cup of tea that brings me great joy.

    When I exercise I feel that I am in control of my body and not vice versa, its a great feeling and hence I always try to avoid not exercising.

    I wish you lots and lots of such happy perfect mornings.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wishes Shiva.

    The morning defines the rest of the day.no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A piping hot samosa gives me infinite joy. Oh wait, I meant salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the joy of good food... It's unbeatable is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always believed in finding happiness in small things,yesterday it was over a cup of tea with football mates while the min temp of my city read 0.1 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Abhinav, the simple man that you are...
    0.1 degrees!! Shiver!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!