Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday post - body pain, upcoming long runs & the great Indian wedding!!

Friday again? Ah! My body was begging to give a break from working out this morning. I am seriously considering taking a massage once a month as a reward to all that I put my body through. Ever since I started combining my runs with body pump classes, I find that my legs hurt A LOT. Especially when I have just got into bed at night, I feel as if I have some creepy crawlies creeping through my feet (soles)- calves- thighs. There have been many many nights that I  have been unable to fall asleep because of this extreme discomfort in my legs. The Scientist says its lactic acid build up. Whatever!! I guess this is how muscles will react when they have been awoken from a life long slumber :) But I try to use some Ayurvedic oils which quickly give me relief. Otherwise, the kindly Scientist helps by pressing my legs! I told you I am lucky in that department.
 
So I stayed away from exercise today, but am now considering doing the evening power yoga class, before I hop on to the train for the weekend in Chennai. There is a family wedding next week, and some related rituals this weekend. There will be no exercise per se fro the next two days, because the mornings are going to get taken in rituals and in Chennai, and its kind of hard to exercise during any other time of the day. Yes I'd love to run along the beach, but that's another story!As a precursor, I will be doing this 10k run in early December in Chennai.
 
This weekend will therefore be family time and I plan to make a come back long run on Monday morning, because, I am pretty serious about the 12.5k I am scheduled to run at the Bangalore Ultra. I will be going back to Chennai again on Tuesday for the main wedding and reception. My sarees are lined up and so is my jewelry, and I have discovered that other thing I can look forward to in the wedding other than food! I will consciously try to stay away from indulging in every meal, and will save my calories for something I find totally exotic. I am an expert at making plans, you see and even better at non-adherence. I will leave it at that.

I guess thats all for now. All I can think of is the wedding and the fresh romance of the newly weds. It brings back many a sweet memory to me, although there is a great sorrowful story that shrouds my own wedding. That's a different story though and I cannot share it here! But life goes on, and an optimist will stay happy. Don't you think?





 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sugar! Happy hols and do come back with a bang on ur marathon!..Have a great time with ur family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sugs!! I hope I come back in the same shape :P

      Delete
  2. Your posts never fail to inspire me. I'm going to start running soon! :)
    Enjoy a lot at the wedding.. And yes, an optimist will stay happy and u surely are one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow!!!theres a medley of compliments in there :) thankyou very much, dearie!

      Delete
  3. Sugar, Happy holidays and enjoy them.
    I wish I had a wedding to go tooo...just love Indian weddings.
    I admire you for planning to stay away from wedding food dear.

    Good luck dear and do post some snaps of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks.... weddings are much fun aren't they? and thee shall be pics!

      Delete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!