Can you believe - time has flown so fast and I am already in the 5th week of half marathon training using the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Half Marathon Training Plan that I modified to suit my weekly schedules. I will be running the awesome Kaveri Trail half-marathon distance i.e 13.1 miles a.k.a 21.1 kms (really?????) in September this year. If I dwell too long on that distance, I might just have a panic attack, but yes unbelievable, right?
You can click here to see my training plan.. Here is last week's summary:
- I did 6 out of 6 planned workouts. Only on Friday a 5.5k run was notched down to a 4k walk thanks to sleep deprivation & muscle fatigue cos I just could not get myself to run!
- On the strength front I have been making small changes. I have added some body weight exercises - lunges, squats, free style exercises with the pilates ball and kettlebell.
- Today I did a killer sequence of exercises. I will link up to that in my next post after assessing my pain level tomorrow!
- Pump cant happen this month - the timing just does not suit me!!!
- Unnecessary carbs - sweets, sugar, Pizza, buttermilk rice (to soothe my abused stomach) have found their way to my stomach!!!
- I know I need to clamp down. I've said that many times last week, but it better happen soon!
- This morning the scale showed 76.4 a gain from the 75.something I was seeing last week. Time to cut out the rice again, I guess!
- Knee pain has returned!!! Ouch!! I better go back to knee strengthening exercises regularly!
You can read : Half Marathon Training week 3 recap here and click on the links in there to go back further and see how I progressed from running a 5k to a 10k!