Sunday, August 11, 2013

How the 13k was ruined on today's run

Sunday is long run day. I was up before the alarm this morning. I thought - Is this not psychotic that I wake this early in the morning just to go running? And then I had to literally neck myself out of the house. The Husband was still snoring and the toddler was snuggled up next to him. I wanted to get right back into the warmth of that bed.

I instead grabbed the phone, strapped on my belt, filled my bottle with water remembered that I had forgotten to buy gatorade yet again and quietly left the house. 13k was on tap for today. Mentally, I had mapped a route that would let me run 7k till I reached the edge of Cubbon park, 5k in cubbon park and last 1k in the home stretch.

I was feeling just too good and even a bit happy as I jogged into cubbon park, literally spitting out the GU I had got long ago complimentary to the Runners for Life membership. Yuck it tasted horrid!!! I clearly prefer Gatorade!!! The next 2 kms was also pretty good. Suddenly I felt a wincing pain on the bone just below the toe of my left foot. I wanted to take off my shoes right away! I tried to wriggle my foot around inside the shoe, adjusted the position and thought I'd be ok. Ughh!!! The pain was back. Arounf the 10.6k mark, I was limping my way back, after calling the Scientist to come and pick me up. I limped until the mapmyrun app showed 12k. What a disgrace!!I hate to quit at the end!

The background is that the spot of the pain is exactly where my foot was fractured 3 years ago :( I am waiting for the week to actually start to go see the orthopedist about it. Having fractured both feet back then, I was not able to let the left foot heal as much as I paid attention to the right. Hopefully it should not be anything too bad. But all day today I have not even been able to put a finger on that spot. It has been pretty painful!

The updates will come!

8 comments:

  1. Hope you get well soon. I don't know that well but my mum's broken knee gives her pain at times still. Also with that much pain,you walked 12 k. Great that. More to go when you are better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. yes an injury is a horrid thing to happen!!!

      Delete
  2. oh! hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Sugar; hope the pain subsides faster... :-) Nevertheless, 12k is not less that any achievement either! Once you are better, Im sure, there would be no stopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanka telltale...I attempted a run this morning but had to quit when I fouf the pain coming back on wearing shoes :)

      Delete
  4. Sending healing thoughts your way Sugar,

    Here's a link to the running injury Article I just read the other day( this btw is also the company I work for Active.com)

    http://beta.active.com/running/Articles/7-Unexpected-Causes-of-Running-Injuries.htm?cmp=17-1-5113

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheetal... very helpful article... I can blame a little on every point in there :)

      Delete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!