Monday, December 9, 2013

An unexpected and unwanted break

Sorry guys.

My new job has me working practically 24*7 and while I'm not complaining work is getting a bit too overwhelming.

In between,  a trip was made to the Husband's maternal home, and plenty of eating happened and I went totally out of control. I had a great exercise regimen until then and then the whole thing came crashing down with the trip. How I hate that! Can you imagine I did not even wake up on Sunday morning for a run!!! Sunday had become like my designated long run day, where I could actually run without the worry of being late. This Sunday I stayed in bed. Boo!

I had major panic pangs on Sunday night when I realised that I have run a maximum distance of 7k and I intend to do atleast a couple of 10 milers before the Half marathon in early Feb. I did run this morning but a measly 5.5k on my standard 5k loop.

I have not yet managed to shift my gym membership and I am feeling terribly guilty!!! Even though if I actually need to work out at the gym, I must be there at 5.30 which means I have to wake up at 5 and have already given instructions to Maami for the day's cooking the previous night :) complicated???

I AM going to get the gym membership migration done this week, so that I am saved of some guilt. What else??? My carbs have gone all over the place again and my weight crept up a bit :) I think the 60s will take a while to arrive :( Meanwhile have you guys been reading this blog- http://namukini.wordpress.com/? Pretty neat stuff eh?? Wish I could be like that! Sigh!





12 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty, just move on with your plans, you can do this! and on another note, I wake up at 4.30 to catch an hour in the gym so its doable(especially with a house help) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh! yes I know!! this is doable. I am really dying to get back to gymming :)

      Delete
  2. Don't be so harsh on urself! Those horrible days happen :-)
    And hey, thatz a great blog indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks man...just those days are becoming to many to have while I'm supposed to be training fro a half marathon :)

      Delete
  3. Yo SUGAR! Keep going girl - you've lost 25 kgs....amazing! You are looking just awesome. I checked your progress pictures....loving it. Stay focussed...today I had the best run ever. Suddenly feeling light on my feet - 4 km easy peasy. I'm cheering you on - BIG HUG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks namu.. but its been a slowwww process for me.

      Delete
  4. aww. its alright. Take it as a welcome break and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's alright..sticking t plans on holidays is always more difficult than normal days :) I am sure you will be back on track soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tanvee.. I intend to.. am trying to do and be the best I can..

      Delete
  6. Girl,
    You have done a fantastic job so far and a true inspiration to all of us. Namu Kini has 1 cook, 2 servants, 1 nanny and 1 chauffeur. My cousin is a good friend of hers and she herself mentioned this to me. You on the other hand is doing all this without a lot of help, so that in itself is a huge achievement.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yes but controlling around food and being a mom are two things that I think dont change with/without money... but yes I have come a long way from where I started!!!

      Delete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!