Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Banana


First thing that comes to my mind is the way Chittu says it. He is adorable. Aren’t all babies? Specially, one’s own.

Usually my downfall begins with a banana, specially the yellakki variety we get here in Bangalore. “Just 60-80 cals” I tell myself and less than half the size of a regular banana. It’s a fruit, after all and there's the fiber thing and all. Oh and the constipation reliever. Is it not?

But I can’t stop at one. Then another. And so on until I realize I’m stuffing my mouth with sugar. That is what I observed and learned. The sugar in the banana sends of cravings as if I ate a ghee laden moti choor ladoo or sinful Krihna sweets' mysoor pak.

I have bananas sitting on table, along with grapes and oranges, and pretty star fruit in the fridge. I feel totally ok with not eating the bananas. They are not singing out my name! That is a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!