Monday, October 29, 2012

Super-fast weekend!

I guess thats what happens when you have a toddler who gives non stop entertainment and work. I was so not ready to face the week this morning.
 
Ever since we returned from our US vacation, we have been so caught up and busy. First we had to deal with the jet lag and cockroach infested home, then I did my first ever 10k event and then there was the BIL's weding! Sheesh! That's a lot of things, ain't it? I am really craving some down-time :)
 
Anyway the weekend started off with yoga class. One that I rushed to, but found the instructor talking about spirituality and related stuff. Don't get me wrong, its not that I dislike such discussions, just that I was so ready for an action packed class, that sitting and listening seemed too lame. The class was only for about 40 mins, but still, something is better than nothing, right?
 
Saturday was a fun day, as I headed out for a run. I spent almost all morning searching for the bike keys, and later found that I had left it in the bike! The watchman had noticed and retained it until I asked, by which time the sun was up and shining bright! I was angry at myself for my poor skills at being an organised person but still did a 5k as that brought up my weekly mileage to 20 kms. I could not run anymore than that either because it was too hot or because I was too tired!
 
Later in the day the Husband and I headed to a carnatic music concert by- Dr.Nithyasree Mahadevan. Her singing was splendid and it was a 2 hours very well spent. We came back home for lunch and stayed home the rest of the day.
 
On Sunday I awoke with a non-functioning fridge, maami on leave and in a whiny mood! I dashed out for dance class only to discover it had been cancelled! Ugh! I hate when that happens! Lunch tasted unusally sorry! But whatever, I got an afternoon nap. We were to attend a school friend's wedding reception yesterday night and my saree did not exactly co-operate with me.
 
When my alarm rang this morning, I mentally cancelled today's run. I am pmssing very very badly ( which is usually not the case) and was headachy and hot and basicallu very uncomfortable! I had to tell myself that I'll try and take this coming Friday off. Since Thursday is a holiday, I was just thinking a four-day weekend would be perfect for me.
 
October is alomost over! Only two months left of the year. I mean I remember January, then March and August! But where did the other months go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!