Friday, October 5, 2012

TGIF, an exercise question, my sweet tooth and running mileage!

Of late, I find myself pining for the weekend. I think its the prospect of not staring at the computer/ legal documents for eight hours that makes the prospect of the weekend so very attractive. Understandable, is it not?
 
And also, I've been having a question that is really bugging me. I think its official that I'm addicted to working out. I've been feeling pretty disturbed on days I choose to skip it. But tell me ladies, do you go for your workout on "those days of the month"? What I do is usually not a constant. I go if I feel up to it and skip if I don't. But sometimes I am confused if I did not go because I was not feeling good or if I was feeling plain old lazy. Do let me know what your approach to the subject is.
 
So, I guess I am back in the grind and doing my best in the weight loss department. My days are far from perfect and I do eat sugar, though I stay within my calorie limit for the day. I have a sweet tooth ad usually crave for a little comething sweet after my meal. I usually indulge in a piece of chikki or sweet made of dates and dry fruit ( that I buy at Namdhari, Bangalore) or sugar free mint. I have run out of sugar free mint so its mostly the former two these days. Also on days I have a light dinner of a soup, I end up feeling hungry, late night. So I have some hot chocolate with cocoa powder (that has no sugar in it) and a teaspoon of sugar. That way I get comfort food & chocolate fix but with a self controlled amount of sugar. On days I feel tired or drained out I opt for a glass of horlicks in case I have an intense workout planned the next morning and have gone grain free for dinner.
 
Anyway just thought I'd update this space before I disappear for the weekend. I will begin with a yoga class this evening, followed by a long run tomorrow ( am thinking of of 8 km run to bring up this weeks mileage to 20k - really I can't still believe this is the same old me) and dance class on Sunday after a very long break.
 
What are your plans dear reader? And do help me answer the question I asked in this post.
 
Happy weekend, you all!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. My approach is also not constant. But usually I do nothing on the first two days.the next 2 days depending how i feel i workout or not. :) It's a valid excuse to be lazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i know... but sometimes i convince myself taht since I cant really die exercising, i am just being lazy!

      Delete
  2. Mostly I walk on Treadmill first 2 days(if I don't have muscle cramp) and next 2 days I also do Elliptical or strength training. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to my blog! and thanks for the help....

      Delete
  3. dear sugar,

    I am one of those people to whom p makes little difference (maybe some stomach cramps in the morning of the first day, but that soon goes away). So I continue to exercise as before. But p does make a difference to the number on the scale, I guess that is water retention, because my weight goes up by 0.5-1 kg. I now know enough not to weigh myself that time:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yes weight does fluctuate during that time. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!