Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The break that was and running plans!

When our plans of kutcheri hopping, was replaced with a sombre activity asscociated with a death in the Scientist's family, I was not a happy person. I cribbed and complained and was fuming-angry.

But whether I liked it or not that's how my my leave got spent and I came back to Bangalore to return to routine. Somehow, my mind refused the idea, and even though I though I resolved to do my own resolution run on Jan 1st to mark my intention of running through the year, it did not happen and I slept till 8 in the morning. The Scientist was off work both Monday and Tuesday and we ate dinner out on both days.

I got the much need awakening this morning when the Scientist rather surprisedly asked me: "what happened to your gym?". Ha, the gym! Nothing happened. I guess I was just taking a break from beating myself up, because no matter how much I worked out and how little I ate, the weighing scale did not show me any respite.

I just gave my body an unintended break, but theres no prize for guessing that my alarm shall once again go off at 5 a.m. from tomorrow morning so that I can go back to focussing on weight loss and more importantly fitness.

I want to run a couple of half marathons this year. And I better get on a proper running schedule to get my form back :) I will update my work out schedule shortly and will unviel my grand half marathon training  plan!!!

11 comments:

  1. hey happy new year! Great to know you will be training for a half marathon, all the best with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes breaks are needed and that too without any reason! I guess that is needed for the bouncing back! You are too tough to let go! You're gonna be back in form :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah!! I guess so :) thanks I guess sometimes others know me better than myself.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Sugar! Have a great f(r)un filled year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new Year Sugar!! All the best for your goals this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year Sugar and I wish you all the best for your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Yes. I Know you are thinking something. Please say it! Every word keeps me going!